I’m trying to make plans for the first annual French Bulldog Jamboree weekend.
The French Bulldog Jamboree is dedicated to one idea only — Making friends through our Frenchies! It’s open to all French Bulldog owners, and to potential owners, as well. Camping, fun, and more – and all with your Frenchies!
The weekend’s planned activities are scheduled to include:
– costume parades
– stupid owner/smart pet tricks
– consultations with trainers
– a pet psychic (was your frogdog Napoleon in a past life?)
– CGC evaluation
– a handling demo and class, followed by a fun match
– grooming seminar, with a nail cutting/grinding demo
– possible discussion of alternative healing/essential oils and massage for canines
– a welcome party on Friday night, complete with gift bags
– a Saturday afternoon BBQ and raffle
– other stuff as it comes up!! If you’d like to participate, rent booth space, or offer a service, please contact me!
100% of ALL PROCEEDS benefits French Bulldog rescue!!
All of this takes place at a pet friendly, camping cottage resort, on the shores of (shallow!) Lake Wilder, Ontario, Canada (about 2 hours north of Toronto). There’s also golfing, a spa, fishing, a bar and few other amenities, but this is a real old school rustic cottage resort. Here’s their link — http://www.homesteadresort.ca/ .
Two packages are available — a camping package for Friday and Saturday nights, with late check out on Sunday (this package includes daily breakfast and dinner). A 3 night package, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (again, includes breakfast and dinner). A day pass will also be available for Saturday, and includes the BBQ. We’re still working out prices with the resort (a lot will depend on whether we can book the whole place, or just part).
Tentatively, we’re looking at the weekend of Friday May 15th – Sunday May 17th, but I’d like feedback on whether that date works for a majority of people. I’m trying to balance a few things with the dates — warm enough we won’t all freeze our @sses off, cool enough for the dogs; not too booked at the resort (if we get enough bookings, they’ll reserve the ENTIRE resort for just us!!); not too close to memorial day/May 24 weekend in Canada.
Please give me some feedback on whether you’d be interested in joining us, if you’re able to help, or if you’d just like more info. A web page is coming soon!