Cosmo is available for adoption via the French Bulldog Village.
The amount of dogs that are now coming into French Bulldog rescue can sometimes seem overwhelming. It’s easy to think that, just because you can’t foster a dog in your home, or donate money, there’s nothing that you can do to help.
In fact, that’s not true at all. Even someone who is housebound can still be a French Bulldog rescue “booster”.
For example, you can browse to the French Bulldog Village Website, and use the Facebook button at the bottom of a foster dog or available French Bulldog’s profile. Clicking the ‘like’ button will add that dog’s link to your Facebook wall, making him visible to all of your friends. Maybe one of them will be the perfect home for that dog, or will be the person who decides to sponsor that dog’s surgery – and all because you took the time to click a button and make a comment!
Here’s a long list of ways that you can help French Bulldog Rescue – or any other breed rescue of your choice. Remember, the little kindnesses matter, just as much as the large ones.
The original of this page was written for the French Bulldog Village website.
- Transport a dog?
- Donate MONEY?
- If you are a photographer, can you donate photographs, so we can show our dogs off to their best advantage?
- Donate things our foster dogs need, like crates, collars, leashes, grooming supplies, pet meds or treats and food? You can do this on line – you don’t even have to live close by!
- Go to the local shelter and see if they have French Bulldogs in need?
- Go to local shelters and meet with shelter staff about how to identify French Bulldogs, and provide photos and breed information showing the different colors that Frenchies come in?
- Keep your eyes out for ‘Free to good home” French Bulldogs in the paper or on websites?
- Donate long distance calling cards?
- Attend public education days and try to educate people on responsible pet ownership?
- Donate a gift certificate to a pet store?
- Donate a raffle item if your club is holding a fund raiser?
- Donate flea stuff (Advantage, etc.)?
- Donate heartworm pills?
- Donate a canine first aid kit?
- Offer to help dog sit a foster dog for a few hours, so their foster mom or dad can take a break?
- Clip coupons for dog food or treats?
- Bake some homemade doggie biscuits?
- Make book purchases through Amazon via a web site that contributes commissions earned to a rescue group?
- Put a link to French Bulldog Village or Eastern Canada French Bulldog Rescue on your website, or in your Facebook profile?
- Conduct a home visit or accompany a rescue person on the home visit?
- Talk to all your friends about adopting and fostering rescue dogs?
- Donate vet services or can you help by donating a spay or neuter each year or some vaccinations?
- Interview vets to encourage them to offer discounts to rescues?
- Write a column for your local newspaper or club newsletter on dogs on dogs currently looking for homes or ways to help rescue?
- Volunteer to help maintain web site and/or Facebook page?
- Help organize and run fundraising events?
- Microchip a rescued dog?
- Pay the cost of taking a dog to obedience class?
- Be the one to take the dog to its obedience class?
- Go to the foster home once a week with your children and dogs to help socialize the dog?
- Help the foster clean up the yard (yes, we also have to scoop what those foster dogs poop)
- Offer to test the foster dog with cats?
- Pay for the dog to be groomed or take the dog to a *Do It Yourself* Grooming Place?
- Pay a house-cleaning service to do the spring cleaning for someone who fosters dogs all the time?
- Lend your artistic talents to your French Bulldog Village’s fundraising ideas, t-shirt designs?
- Go with a rescue person to the vet if a foster dog needs to be euthanized?
- Go to local businesses and solicit donations for French Bulldog Village’s fundraising events?
- Put together an *Owner’s Manual* for those who adopt rescued from French Bulldog Village?
- Donate a small percentage of the sale of each pup to rescue if you are a breeder?
- Buy two of those really neat dog-items you “have to have” and donate one to Rescue?
- Make a bequest in your will to benefit French Bulldog Village?
- Donate your professional services as an accountant or lawyer?
- Donate other services if you run your own business?
- Loan your cell phone (and cover costs for any calls) to s/one driving a rescued dog?
- Let rescue know when you’ll be flying and that you’d be willing to be a rescued dog’s escort?
- Organize a rescued dog picnic or other event to reunite the rescued dogs that have been placed?
- Donate other types of doggy toys that might be safe for rescued dogs?
- Donate a roll-a-treat or Buster cube?
- Donate clickers or a video on clicker training?
- Remember that rescuing a dog involves the effort and time of many people and make yourself available on an emergency basis to do *whatever* is needed?
Or… volunteer to do something we haven’t even thought of!
And, of course, we always need people to be able to foster French Bulldogs. Please help, by filling out a volunteer application