A Guide to Wisely Spending Your HST Rebate
I don’t normally post this sort of stuff, but this was just too good to not be shared.
Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive an Economic Stimulus payment i.e HST rebate. This is a very exciting program from the Ontario government.
I’ll explain it using the Q and A format:
Q. What is Ontario ‘s Economic Stimulus payment?
A. It is money that the provincial government will send to taxpayers.
Q.. Where will the government get this money?
A. From taxpayers..
Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
A. Only a smidgen.
Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.
Q. But isn’t that stimulating the economy of Asia ?
A. Shut up or you don’t get your check.
Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the Canadian economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:
1. If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, your money will go to China
2. If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to Saudi Arabia .
3. If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .
4. If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras or
5. If you buy a car, it will go to Japan or Korea
6. If you purchase useless plastic stuff, it will go to Taiwan .
7. If you pay off your credit cards, or buy stock, it will go to pay
management bonuses and be hidden in offshore accounts.
Or, you can keep the money in Canada by:
1. Spending it at yard sales or flea markets, or
2. Going to baseball or football games, or
3. Hiring prostitutes, or
4. Buying cheap beer or
5. Getting tattoos.
These are the only wholly-owned businesses still operating in Canada .
The best way to stimulate the economy is to go to a ball game with a prostitute that you met at a yard sale and drink beer all day until you’re drunk enough to go get tattooed.
LOL! Though if you’re purchasing the items from your stores in Canada, you’ll help those stores and thereby help people keep their jobs, no matter where the items in the stores were made… funny stuff anyway!
.-= Kari´s last blog ..Beagle Mix is Oldest Dog =-.
Obviously, you should buy strawberries. Lots and lots of strawberries. Chile’s economy needs the boost anyway!
.-= Cait´s last blog ..As promised, snow photos =-.
Me, I am thinking of being extravagant and spending the whole lot ( Yes, all $3.50 of it, what the heck, we only live once!) at a Casino in Ontario.
Wouldn’t that work too?
Dalton, just tryin’ to do my bit to help…
Meet ya all at the Beer Parlor.