If you noticed all my comments seemed to be closed, it’s because I made the mistake of actually upgrading my version of WordPress. This is the second time now that running a WP upgrade has set all my comments to ‘off’ – and no, setting them ‘on’ under the discussions panel does not fix the issue. Your only options are to either:
a) hand set each one back to ‘on’
b) run this command line via phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE wp_posts SET comment_status=”open”
Either option is a pain in the ass, but I imagine ‘b’ is even more so for anyone for whom running phpMyAdmin is not an option.
I really wish WP would get this glitch in order, because I am getting tired of dealing with it.
So, while I dick around with this, why not enjoy some lovely photos of Bunny’s puppies, enjoying the great outdoors.
Barring that, enjoy this recipe for red beans and rice, which is what I currently have simmering upstairs in the crock pot, to be served alongside some fresh baked crusty bread.
* 2 cups dried red beans
* 7 cups water
* 1 smoked pork hock
* 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
* 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped 2 bay leaves ( we skip the green pepper, because Sean thinks it’s the devil’s vegetable)
* 3 fresh thyme sprigs
* 3 oregano sprigs
* 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or to taste
* 1 lb smoked dry sausage – andouille or similar. I used smoked chipotle turkey sausage.
* 6 cups cooked white rice
1. soak beans overnight in water to cover. Put beans in crock pot then cover with water.
2. Add all remaining ingredients (except rice) to slow cooker and cook 6-8 hours until beans are very tender.
3. Mash some red beans against the side of the pan, to thicken the gravy. Add sausage to pan, cook on low one more hour.
4. Remove and discard bay leaves, oregano and thyme. Taste, adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Divide rice among shallow bowls, spoon beans and rice over rice and serve immediately. Enjoy!