As always, we had a fabulous time at Woofstock this year. It was great catching up with some of the Bullmarket French Bulldog puppies (yes, they’re all ‘puppies’ still to me – even the three year old ones!) and their owners, and meeting new French Bulldog friends. I missed Ashleigh and Friday, but as you can see from the photo, he managed to keep himself entertained none the less.
Not all was well this year, however. Almost everyone who lives in the Toronto area has heard the horrific news of the couple who left Woofstock with their Lab mix and then left him locked in the car while they shopped at Vaughn Mills Shopping Mall. The dog, a Chocolate Lab named Charlie, died of heat stroke.
This was the first year that I saw French Bulldogs and Frenchie mixes who were suffering seriously from the heat. In one case, I intervened when I noticed a pied French Bulldog puppy who was obviously in the first stages of serious heat stroke. While I’m sure her parents were left with the impression that I was an interfering busybody, I’d rather they dislike me than hear later on that their dog had died.