I’ll be updating this post throughout the day, as news comes in from Mary and her team. When we get photos, I’ll add them after the cut, so that the front page will load faster.
Chicago French Bulldog Rescue’s French Bulldog Puppy Mill Updates:
Donate to help cover the veterinary expenses of the rescued dogs and their unborn puppies – click here for the PayPal link. CFBR is a 501(c)3 Charity.
Just spoke to Mary. She asked me to clarify that four of the ten Frenchies rescued by CFBR were paid for by an anonymous east coast donor, who will also be taking responsibility for their veterinary care and expenses. CFBR won’t be fostering them, as they’re heading for a veterinary facility on the east coast.
(English) Bulldog Rescue update: Mary said that Bulldog rescue, with the help of CFBR, got out: 3 10 day old puppies and their mother; one bitch who had just miscarried; several other puppies; several other Bulldogs which had gone unsold at a nearby puppy mill auction. CFBR is trasporting them to the Bulldog rescue staging area.
Mary says that they are enroute to their own staging area, and that they are fine for supplies. They have loads of towels and blankets, but trust me – anyone bringing coffee, donuts or snacks will be greeted with open arms 🙂
I was pleasantly surprised to hear that these dogs are in much better shape than we had feared. They are friendly and well fed, and seem to be refreshingly free of any immediately apparent health issues. They’ll be screened as soon as possible for heartworm or other parasites, and will be given whatever meds and parasite controls possibly (considering that half of them are pregnant).
I will post more updates in the morning as they come in. Mary tells me that they’ll probably be on the road until 1 am or so, after which she still has to get dogs settled, fed and exercised, and then check her mail and messages. So, if you’ve contacted her, be patient waiting for a response!
If you’ve contacted her offering to foster, she’ll attempt to reach you sometime in the morning.
4:14 PM EST
OK, facebook and blogosphere – I’m taking a break for an hour to play w my own puppies and to feed my dogs. I’ll check back in later w any news and updates. Happy Frenchie Freedom Friday! I vote that the girl who has her birthday today is named “Freedom” – how about you?
Phone update from Mary.
For anyone who has been asking, this farm is DEFINITELY out of business. Everything is being sold today, including the farm property itself. The owners are out of money, and stated that there was enough food left for the dogs for one more day.
Here are the totals of what Mary and her team were able to get, with your help:
They were able to purchase ten of the fifteen French Bulldogs for sale, four of which were paid for by an anonymous donor from the east coast, who will be looking after their vet care and other expenses.
Pregnant Female 1 – Fawn
Born 9/8/09, Due 04/17
Pregnant Female 2 – fawn and white
Born 11/2/06, Due 05/01
Pregnant Female 3 – brindle and white
Born 08/06/07, bred, not sure of due date
Pregnant Female 4 – NINE year old Cream
Born 09/23/02, due 04/26 (touted as having ‘lots of litters left in her’)
Pregnant Female 5 – EIGHT year old Cream
Born 07/03/03, Due March 15
Pregnant Female 6 – Fawn, barely one year old
One year old today, and due 03/08
Female 7 – fawn and white
Female 8 – white and fawn
Female 9 – brindle and white
Male – brindle and white
They aren’t sure yet how many Bulldogs made it out, as the sale was still going on as Mary and I were speaking. Mary says that the other buyers were Amish, and that they are PISSED that Mary’s team got the pregnant girls out.
URGENT – this is WAY more pregnant females than was expected. Experienced breeder foster homes willing to whelp and rear litters are desperately needed. Please contact Mary at email@example.com if you can help. C Section and vetting costs are going to be astronomical, so please donate if you can.
9:42 AM (20 minutes ago)
Mary just checked in and the caravan is approx 20 minutes from the auction site. Cell phones are spotty at best down there in the mountains! Everyone, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers that they get all of the Frenchies OUT and they themselves are safe!
Update: 3:06 pm
First photos – after the cut.